MOBILE LEARNING PRESENTATION
What is Mobile Learning?
- A set of technological devices including smartphones, MP3 players, and hand-held computers that might have an impact on language learning.
- Users using mobile devices with wireless network for acquiring knowledge without being restricted to time and places to immediately and effectively achieve the learning effect
- Any service or facility that contributes to acquisition of knowledge regardless of time and location.
- Several features of Mobile learning that benefits the learners in many ways such as: mobility, ubiquity, wireless networking, interactivity, accessibility, and privacy.
8 competencies teachers should demonstrate in order to use mobile devices for learning:
- Knowledge of the instructional approaches, tools, systems, and processes required for designing and developing effective mobile learning content.
- Knowledge of the best practices related to the development of mobile learning content.
- Knowledge of successful mobile learning implementations around the world.
- Knowledge of today’s trends, research initiatives and experiments happening in the field of mobile learning.
- Ability to analyse a business situation and the learning context, and recommendappropriate mobile learning solutions to address them.
- Skills to design and develop effective mobile learning applications to meet business objectives.
- Passion for learning and improvement in the areas of instructional design and mobile learning, and all related fields.
- Appreciation of the power and effectiveness of mobile learning.
Finding of Previous Research Regarding Mobile Learning:
- Mobile phone has potential to be used for educational purposes.
- M-learning is more efficient rather than traditional method of learning to help enhancing learners’ vocabulary.
- Most tertiary level students used mobiles to a great extent for developing their English language learning.
- Mobile language learning environment more benefited the learners with higher verbal & visual ability.